Your wedding day should be a day of joy and celebration. Here at St Luke's we have an ideal venue for your special day. We have a building that can seat over 150 people, which can be decorated with flowers of your choice and is great for photographs for your wedding album. We offer a friendly service that is probably not as expensive as you think.
We can also offer a variety of music for your wedding, from traditional organ music with hymns, modern worship songs, and even music from CDs for the signing of the register.
And all of that includes a memorable day when you will know God's blessing on your marriage and your future life together.
There are several stages in planning your wedding day with us, which would ideally being with attending some services at St Luke's to get to know the people and the building:
- come to meet the Vicar, Andy, ask any questions, book the date, get the legal matters started
- come, about 2 months before the wedding day, to sort out your order of service, music, hymns, ask questions
- come hear your banns being read the month before your wedding
- come, with some of the key people in your wedding, to a short run-through in church the week before
- come on your wedding day to exchange your vows and rings and receive God's blessing on your marriage.
We are also happy to arrange services of blessing following a civil ceremony, and services of thanksgiving for a special anniversary.
If you do not live in our parish, it may still be possible to be married at St Andrew's – why not come and talk to us about it? You can take a look at the regulations for where you may be married by clicking the download link at the bottom of the page.
For ideas about how to plan your wedding in church and suggestions for hymns and readings try this web site. It contains loads of information and ideas, and you can even chat to a 'virtual Vicar'!